PSY-1200 Chapter Notes - Chapter Module 50: Schizophrenia, Auditory Hallucination, Frontal Lobe

53 views1 pages

Document Summary

Hallucinations: perceiving stimuli that are not very present: delusions of grandeur, convinced they have special powers, believing they can control other people"s thoughts, grandeur. Delusions: perceiving things that do not match reality: false beliefs that are not subject to contradictory evidence. Disorganized behavior: repetitive, purposeless actions that do not fit the situation. Disorganized incoherent speech: speech that doesn"t make any sense. Paranoid: delusions and hallucinations, can believe others control their thoughts and behavior. One of most severe disorders where people exhibit disturbing behavior. Negative symptoms: absence of expected emotions and behaviors. If they don"t speak, they show flat affect. Example: i"m scared of a sharp thing hanging over me. Experiencing hallucinations, or perceptions that do not match the physical world. Example: i realized that i was the devil. Man has severe case when he has disorganized behavior when he became rigid and immobile. Schizophrenia can come from excessive amounts of the neurotransmitter dopamine.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers