ACIS 1504 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4-6: Data Validation, Spreadsheet

97 views7 pages

Document Summary

Knowing which features are available in excel, and which icons and buttons to select to invoke those features: spreadsheet design i. ii. Refers to those decisions you make prior to implementation. Help to create a more appealing, accurate, and robust spreadsheet: guides you in selecting appropriate features in excel. Types of spreadsheets: throw-away spreadsheets i. ii. Basically you use excel as a calculator or presentation tool: reusable spreadsheets i. Spreadsheets that are used repeatedly: we want to use a spreadsheet that will be easy to change as the business environment changes. Keeps everything up to date and helps to eliminate errors iii. Requires some additional upfront effort, but saves time and effort in the long run. Spreadsheet lifecycle: development phase, where design goals are defined, where we determine the layout, formatting, and functionality of the spreadsheet iii. Modifications should be minor if design principles are applied appropriately. Spreadsheet design goals: simple, clear, verifiable, accurate, efficient, simplicity.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers