JWST 240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Aryan Race, Ethnic Nationalism, Public Campaign

15 views7 pages

Document Summary

Emerged several decades ago- no sooner after the war ended. The people who promoted it were a small group at first- and their goal was to spread the notion that the holocaust never happened. Basic story they told was the following- that jews invented this story to win sympathy from the world, money and reparations from germany and land from the middle east- the creation of the state of israel. Ingredients that are common to most denniers: deniers argue that the nazis did not seek to murder jews but only to kick them out of. Europe: major point of deniers- that gas chambers and death camps did not exist. Whe(cid:374) (cid:455)ou put (cid:395)uestio(cid:374)s i(cid:374)to people"s head so (cid:373)u(cid:272)h, (cid:455)ou put dou(cid:271)t i(cid:374) people"s (cid:373)i(cid:374)ds. Where they thrive is doubt: the number of jews that were murdered by nazis was substantially smaller than 6 million. Deniers not only claim that germans commit no crimes against jews- they also re-cast.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers