ENVS 2070 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: The Economics Of Ecosystems And Biodiversity, Sukhdev Thapar

53 views1 pages

Document Summary

Put a value on nature: pr cis and reflection 2. In 2007 a project called teeb explored the idea of economics making a convincing case for conservation. It was found that global loss was about 2-4 trillion dollars worth of natural capital. The benefits that flow from nature to us. However, we don"t realize this due to the economic invisibility of nature. The aim of this project was to show that conservation is economically feasible and the broader benefits (economically) will be greater than the cost of conservation. This video changed my perspective because i had always thought of nature as priceless, and that conservation efforts are important due to ethical reasons. However, i had not thought about the fact that economics could also play an essential role in nature. This could translate to my everyday life with an example such as food waste. When food is thrown away i see it as food is being wasted.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers