SMG SI 422 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Video On Demand, Netflix, Late Fee

287 views2 pages

Document Summary

I would short blockbuster stock at the time of the case because of how blockbuster ignored the threat of. Netfli(cid:454) a(cid:374)d did(cid:374)"t a(cid:272)k(cid:374)o(cid:449)ledge the(cid:373) u(cid:374)til the(cid:455) grew much bigger. Then, they had to race and launch a business model similar to netflix. I would long netflix because netflix entered the market when the. They started anticipated what the customers would want instead of what they needed now. Although they both provided movies and shows for consumers to watch, they did it very differently. Netflix later offered unlimited movies, holding up to 4 at a time, for a lower price. They achieved that by buying older movies that were cheaper and created a recommended system that recommended those old movies. Blockbuster went online as well but a couple years later. They tried to match what netflix did and better (cid:271)ut it (cid:373)ade the(cid:373) suffer through huge operati(cid:374)g (cid:272)osts a(cid:374)d it (cid:449)as(cid:374)"t (cid:373)ade up i(cid:374) re(cid:448)e(cid:374)ue.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers