BIO_SC 2200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 34: Macrophage, Test Tube, Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate

40 views10 pages
7 May 2016
School
Professor

Document Summary

To determine the dominance relationships we generate pairs of partial diploids modifying only one of the regulatory genes at a time. To determine the dominance relationship between the o^+ (inducible) and the o^c (constitutive) alleles we must generate partial diploids that are: o^+/o^c. Diploid #1 i^+, p^+, o^+, z^+ i^+, p^+, o^c, z^- Diploid #2 i^+, p^+, o^c, z^+ i^+, p^+, o^+, z^- The o^+ allele is not purely dominant or purely recessive to o^c. The o locus acts cis the context is critical. Can only control genes on the same chromosome it is sitting on, not other genes in the cell ex. o^c produces constitutive phenotype only when by a good b- galactosidase (z^+) The o gene controls only adjacent genes on the chromosome that it is on. To determine the dominance relationship between p^+ (inducible) and p^- (non-inducible alleles) we must generate partial diploids that are: p^+/p^- Diploid #1 i^+, p^+, o^+, z^+ i^+, p^-, o^+, z^-

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers