PSY 430 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Caudate Nucleus, Basal Ganglia, Substantia Nigra

43 views3 pages
3 Dec 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

D: the basal ganglia is a group of large subcortcail structures in the forebrain-responsible for initiating an action not guided by a stimulus. I: main structure within the brain that is responsible for initiating an action not guided by a stimulus. E: comprised of the striatum, pallidum, substantia nigra, and the sub thalamic nucleus. D: caudate nucleus and putamen receive input from the cerebral cortex and see output to the globus pallidus-globus pallidus connect to the thalamus, which relays information to the motor areas and the prefrontal cortex. I: another structure of the brain that involves information relay to the caudate nucleus and putamen. M: relates to the various structures within the brain that help guide and regulate movement. E: basal ganglia select a movement to make by ceasing to inhibit it. D: movement disorder characterized by muscle tremors, rigidity, slow movements, and dif culty initiating physical and mental activity. I: neurological disease that involves muscle tremors and movement disorientation.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers