PSY 430 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Chemical Synapse, Catecholamine, Midbrain Tegmentum

37 views4 pages
7 Dec 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

D: feeling sad and helpless everyday for weeks and includes symptoms like little energy, feelings of worthlessness, and suicidal thoughts. I: disorder where the individual is feeling sad and helpless everyday for weeks. E: absence of happiness is a more reliable symptom than increased sadness. D: studies of twins and adopted children suggest moderate degree of heritability-some genes associated with depression are also associated with anxiety disorders. I: depressive disorder has been shown to have genetic effects and heritability. M: relates to the research studies and experiments around mental disorders and illnesses. E: risk is elevated among relatives of people with early-onset depression. D: borna disease is a viral infection, which may predispose people to depression-1/3 of people with severe depression or schizophrenia tested positive for the virus. I: viral infection that has seen to be related with depression and schizophrenia. E: illustrates that many different causes can lead to similar behavioral results.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers