HIST 1103 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Federal Emergency Relief Administration, Public Works Administration, Civilian Conservation Corps

43 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Introduction: theme: emergence of the modern welfare state, questions to think about b. i. How did fdr attempt to solve the problems stemming from the. How did his approach differ from hoover"s? b. ii. What were some of the programs implemented by the new deal? b. iii. How did the second new deal differ from the first? b. iv. The first new deal: legislative program the 100 days a. i. A willingness to experiment due to the hatred for hoover and his philosophies, the public was not opposed to a man who claimed he would try different things out. a. ii. Banking relief act closed federally-chartered banks in the us for 4 days. Banks that were not able to stay afloat were not allowed to reopen. a. iii. Tennessee valley authority: critics of the new deal b. i. Father coughlin claimed jewish bankers and communists were responsible for the economy. b. iii. Dr. francis e. townshend physician from california.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers