HIST 1103 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Stamp Act Congress, Crispus Attucks, Massachusetts Government Act

38 views4 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Introduction: theme: examination of political and intellectual forces that led to the monumental decision to rebel. a. i. Over 3000 miles between england and the colonies a. ii. Many who decided to colonize the americas in the first place already had the spirit of independence and separatism a. iii. Mercantilism- the idea that the wealth of the world was fixed. Belief in the benefits of profitable trading. a. iv. Salutary neglect- the actual enforcement of trade relations would actually benefit the economy. The road to independence: events of 1760s and 1770s: the colonies and the great war for the empire a. i. North america secured for great britain after defeating the french in the french and indian war. After the war, great britain was in great debt. George iii proclaimed that no land could be settled west of the appalachian mountains. a. ii. British restricted trade with native americans to only those licensed by the british government: george grenville- prime minister of england. b. i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers