04:189:101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Kinesics, Paralanguage, Olfaction

22 views4 pages
Verified Note

Document Summary

External factors interrupt a script: noise or that interrupt. Acting according to a script requires effort: finding that the conversation isn"t flowing or if they aren"t responding the why you think it should. The outcome is not what we expected (+ or -: more positive or negative, an unexpected response. Conflict between multiple scripts occurs: different narratives conflicting each other. When you have options to play a different script, choosing a script makes you mindful: being mindless is often an effective way of responding to the world. i. Avoids conflict, too much information, get through the mundane tasks: perception: making sense of your world, attribution is the process whereby we generate explanation for people"s behavior. Attendance in class, to learn from the teacher"s perspective. i. Internal attribution is when we attribute behavior to something inside the person. Trashy person, sandra i: situational attribution is when we attribute behavior to something outside the b. person i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers