PSY 245 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Tunxis Community College, Psychoticism, Mental Disorder

10 views2 pages

Document Summary

Dimensional approach refers to defining abnormal behavior along a continuum or spectrum. Categorical approach is defining abnormal behavior based on meeting a specified number of criteria. **know the three criteria for defining abnormal behavior on exam. Dsm-5 uses both a dimensional and categorical approach. Assessing abnormal behavior and mental disorder insight, functioning, etc. ) Assists researchers, clinicians, and laypeople in understanding mental disorder. Categorical diagnoses with dimensional assessment (severity modifiers, level of. Useful for case conceptualization and for treatment. Clinical assessment involves evaluating a person"s strengths and weaknesses. Test-retest reliability consistency of test scores of diagnoses across some period. Interrater reliability agreement between two or more rates about level of trait or. Internal consistency relationship among test items that measure the same and understanding the problem at hand to develop a treatment presence of diagnoses of time. I hear things that other people don"t hear. I see things that other people don"t see. I receive messages from the tv and video.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers