COMM 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Tom Cruise, Boogie 2Nite, Mcgraw-Hill Education

26 views3 pages

Document Summary

Written assignment 2: persuasion: persuasion is a form of communication that is used regularly by a variety of people, throughout all walks of life, and throughout all types of daily interactions. Persuasion is defined as a conscious attempt to reinforce, shape, or change a person"s attitude, belief, or behavior (tusing). There are a variety of media, local and national, that are utilized for persuasion, such as, the news, advertisements, the radio, and most importantly social media. As well as different types of media, there are many people who engage in persuasion, such as, sales people, politicians, lawyers, superstars, and the average person. Media also has a huge influence on whether or not the message is going to be persuasive. For instance, if i watched an interview with tom cruise on cnn telling me to buy a product, i would not buy that product because i do not trust cnn and i do not like tom cruise.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers