AMST 190 Quiz: AMST 190-Syllabus Quiz pt 3 Notes

53 views2 pages
SYLLABUS QUIZ NOTES, pt 3
Q & O: Each week, you will be asked to pose a question and make an observation
about the assigned readings during the term. As you do the reading for the course,
make notes about what puzzles you, what questions are raised in your mind.
Prepare one of these questions, with your answer, to bring to class each week. On
the same sheet, make an observation about the text, and then write a few sentences
analyzing what you have observed. I will use your questions and observations as
the basis for our class discussions throughout the term.
Most Q & O assignments will be graded on a check mark system. I will choose 2
sets randomly during the semester to give letter grades. Due dates noted on course
schedule.
Mid-term paper: 3 – 5 pages, double spaced. This assignment will be described in
more detail in class.
Due: March 8.
Class Presentation: 5 – 6 minutes. You will share with the class what you discovered
in your research for the final project.
Due: April 24
Final Project: In this project, you will create a narrative of college life in written or
digital form. You will have three options for this project—you may describe the
college life of a fictional character by reading novels or watching films we have not
discussed in class; you may describe the college life of a former Emory student
through the use of archival sources, or you may interview a friend or family member
about their own college life and write a narrative based on those interviews.
Due: April 26
Grading Procedures:
Your course grade will be computed as follows:
Class Participation and Ungraded Assignments: 20%
Q and O Assignments: 15%
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Q & o: each week, you will be asked to pose a question and make an observation about the assigned readings during the term. As you do the reading for the course, make notes about what puzzles you, what questions are raised in your mind. Prepare one of these questions, with your answer, to bring to class each week. On the same sheet, make an observation about the text, and then write a few sentences analyzing what you have observed. I will use your questions and observations as the basis for our class discussions throughout the term. Most q & o assignments will be graded on a check mark system. I will choose 2 sets randomly during the semester to give letter grades. Mid-term paper: 3 5 pages, double spaced. This assignment will be described in more detail in class. You will share with the class what you discovered in your research for the final project.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers