COM 11400 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2-3,7: Leonardo Dicaprio, Communication Apprehension, Court Appointed Special Advocates (Casa)

27 views4 pages

Document Summary

The brain produces oxytocin when a person is engaged in a story: creates feelings of trust. Neural coupling- when the storyteller"s and listener"s brain engage in synchronous activity: the components of a story i. Introduce the conflict: start with context c, rising action, climax/critical event, falling action/resolution/denouement, characters, protagonist- a character can be both a protagonist and a villian i. You want a character who has opinions, emotions, and faces challenges: utilizing stories in presentations, grabs attention, establishing relevance or credibility, creating rapport, supporting evidence, crafting compelling stories, the story model was created by hastie and pennington i. Chapter 3: delivering with skill: delivery styles, over 90% of a message is conveyed nonverbally, delivery skills can help you develop credibility and rapport, memorized delivery: i. ii. Risk of forgetting a line and not being able to recover: manuscript, when you write the presentation verbatim and read it, makes eye contact difficult.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers