ENGLISH 325 Chapter Notes - Chapter 10: Invisibilia, Genderqueer, Antifeminism

47 views2 pages
Mikaela Bradley
English 325
6/10/18
Reading Reflection
This eeks essas ere far fro tpial as the ere audio ased podasts, rather
than a typical written essay. I have to say I find the audio pieces to be even more compelling
than the majority of written essays because you can hear a deeper level of emotion and sound
that ou ould otherise hae to iagie ith ritte essas. Both I, I, I. Hi ad A British
Mx. Tape used arig leels of souds, spoke ord, ad usi to reate a laered
eotioal effet. I, I, I. Hi tells two different stories about loss. One about the loss of a
oes husad, told fro the perspetie of her ad her daughter ad aother aout the
loss of a ouples lielihood: their eehies. At first thought, it seeed raz to e that
someone would compare the death of a husband to the loss of bees, but throughout the
podcast the speakers drew many comparisons between the two losses, leading me to believe
they are more similar than I originally thought. I think my favorite part was when the wife
eekeeper ad ido ere goig ak ad forth laig theseles eause it shoed e
that as humans we tend to think that we did something to deserve a tragic loss, but, in reality
they are unavoidable. I think Invisibilia did a good job of seaming the stories together and
telling about the loss of the livelihood of these two sets of people, while also drawing the
uiersal truth of the idea of I ad lae assoiated ith loss.
Whe I listeed to A British M. Tape, I istatl otied the use of lyrics and song at
the beginning, with words that supported the message being shared. This is just one of the
advantages audio has over paper writing as it gives more depth. The podcast talked about the
UK hoorifi M. ad ho this geder-neutral title was meant to be non-binary and another
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class