Psychology 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 35: Fundamental Attribution Error, Social Influence, Disinhibition

46 views3 pages
abdullah32 and 39352 others unlocked
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
111 documents

Document Summary

You observe kirs punch laura is the nose you explain this as aggressive personality you committed fundamental attribution error. Berscheid et al (1977): we prefer the best but choose similarly. Seems to hold in the lab and many real-world setting. Cash and derlega (1978): same-sex friends also similar. Mismatch: can generate frictionand breaking up is hard to do. Norms: conventions, customs, laws that apply to a group"s behaviour. Conformity: change in attitude, behaviour or belief brought about by the real or imagined pressured from other conflicts (the person does not have to be there: looking glass self) Private acceptance: i bide to it, i change my mind, it"s okay, good. Compliance: i do it not because i think it"s right, but i want to create no more conflict . Models: our behaviour may be shaped by models, even in absence of direct intentional influence. (we can be influenced by looking at them for example)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers