PSYC 2301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Sympathetic Nervous System, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Relaxation Technique

11 views4 pages

Document Summary

Exercise activates the sympathetic nervous system in a similar way that stress does however the hpa axis is not activated, it trains your body to experience the effects of stress. People who are more fit can handle stress better. Improving personal control o than actually having control) The belief that we have control over a situation(more important. Job stress study (how much control people had in work, if they had high job control had less stress) Noise blast study(loud noise can cause stress, and people who thought they had control on when the noise was coming had less stress) Too much information or preparation may not always beneficial (make you more nervous if you focus on the bad possible outcomes) o. Having a sense of control on your environment. Setting smart goals,realistic (i. e. not saying i want to lose weight, but i want to lose 10 lbs) Goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time limited.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers