ECON102 Lecture Notes - Gdp Deflator, Open Market Operation, Nominal Interest Rate

47 views31 pages
apricotcaribou323 and 20 others unlocked
ECON102 Full Course Notes
ECON102 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
19 documents

Document Summary

Chapter 1: principles of economics illustrated by the ppf. Efficiency - producing on the ppf is more efficient than producing inside the ppf. Trade-offs - more of one good can be produced only if some units of another good are given up. Opportunity cost - increasingly more of one good requires giving up even more of another good. Economic growth - over time, the ppf can shift outward. Top half of the diagram (markets for goods & services) Firms and households are brought together to exchange final goods and services. Bottom half of the diagram (markets for factors of production) The roles of firms and households are reversed in factor markets. By convention (by general agreement), spending on new housing is included in the investment category. Housing becomes part of the capital stock of the economy. P i q i i 2011 2011 (above is summation starting from i to 2011, i is written at the top like an exponent)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers