PSYC 217 Lecture Notes - Lecture 22: Radical Behaviorism, Parachuting, Behaviorism

9 views3 pages
16 Apr 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Values & beliefs: (e. g. , honest, religious) Memories/life stories: (e. g. , my father only took my younger brother on outing ) Thoughts (beliefs, values, expectations: i think that relationships are more important than school, i think that most people can be trusted. Feelings (emotions, passions: i feel happy most of the time, i feel nervous when i first meet someone. Behaviours (actions; what you do: i go to a lot of parties, i could kill someone in the right circumstances, i like to go skydiving. Distinctivenes: how individuals differ from one another. Consistency: the idea that people will behave similarly across situations. Behaviourism: a theoretical orientation based on the premise that scientific psychology should study only observable behaviour. Radical behaviorists: behaviour is fully determined by environmental stimuli. Free will: the idea that people are free to choose their own behaviour, that we are self determined .

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers