BUS 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: American Red Cross, E-Commerce, Flextime

40 views2 pages

Document Summary

Nonprofit organizations: nonprofit organization -- an organization whose goals are for the betterment of the community, not financial gains. Well-known nonprofits in the united states: united way, salvation army, american red cross, american heart association, american cancer society. Government"s role i(cid:374) business: a gover(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t (cid:272)a(cid:374) pro(cid:373)ote (cid:271)usi(cid:374)ess (cid:271)y . Minimizing spending and keeping taxes and regulations to a minimum. Minimizing interference with the free exchange of goods and services. Passing laws that enable businesspeople to write enforceable contracts. Esta(cid:271)lishi(cid:374)g a (cid:272)urre(cid:374)(cid:272)y that"s trada(cid:271)le i(cid:374) (cid:449)orld (cid:373)arkets. E-commerce: e-commerce -- the buying and selling of goods on the internet, b2c: a business selling to a consumer, b2b: a business selling to another business. Databases and identity theft: databases -- an electronic storage file that enables stores to monitor what you buy and helps a retailer (for example) know what to carry in stock. Identity theft the gatheri(cid:374)g of i(cid:374)dividuals" perso(cid:374)al i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374), such as social.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers