PHIL 180 Lecture 10: Kierkegaard on Humans

67 views1 pages
12 May 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

A(cid:374) e(cid:454)a(cid:373)i(cid:374)atio(cid:374) of the kierkegaard"s (cid:271)a(cid:272)kgrou(cid:374)d is (cid:374)ot for the sake of histor(cid:455) i(cid:374) itself (cid:271)ut for its fundamental relevance to crystallizing the foundation of kierkegaard philosophy. To be very altruistic, contemporary challenges with faith and morals or ethics as well as the questions of individual fulfillment are (cid:374)ot differe(cid:374)t fro(cid:373) the e(cid:454)ige(cid:374)(cid:272)(cid:455) surrou(cid:374)di(cid:374)g kierkegaard"s life a(cid:374)d histor(cid:455). Macquarrie, (1972) kierkegaard"s early work was written under various pseudonyms in danish but by the turn of the 20th century, his writings were translated into major european languages, such as french and german. In kierkegaard, the singularity of existence comes to light at the moment of conflict between ethics and religious faith. Suppose it is my sense of doing god"s will that makes my life meaningful. For kierkegaard"s author, vigilius haufniensis, anxiety/dread/angst (depending on the translation and context) is unfocused fear. From this height he can see all the possibilities of life.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers