PSYCH 14 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Autonomic Nervous System, Neurotransmission, Pituitary Gland

7 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Psychodynamic (freud) i. e. behaviour developed in unconscious thought learning (which includes behavioural or cognitive-behavioural theories), i. e. behavioural or conditioned explanation of phobia. Cognitive (examine dysfunctional thoughts and beliefs) i. e. the way people perceive the world. Personal experience guides the development of self-directed behavior. A surrounding culture and society guides development of person and societies ends may label a person as abnormal. Abnormal behaviour as a result of disturbances in neurotransmitters. There may be too much or too little of the n. t. produced or released into the synapse. There may be too few receptors on the dendrites. There may be too many receptors on the dendrites (thought to be the case in schizophrenia) There may be too much or too little n. t. deactivating substance in the synapse. The reuptake process may be too fast or too slow. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (hpa) axis is activated in response to stressors.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers