PHIL 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Work Breakdown Structure, Coherentism, Foundationalism

35 views2 pages

Document Summary

Not going to disbelieve everything, but rather withhold belief on everything. Coherentism: all beliefs are justified by their relation to each other. All beliefs are justified by virtue of their relationships to other beliefs. If something has deceived us even once, then we cannot trust them anymore. Cannot be 100% confident that i am not asleep. Everything we see is based on images that are real. God wouldn"t allow be to be so systematically deceived. There is an evil demon that is constantly deceiving. Constructed an entire deceptive world around me. If i can"t 100% rule out p, then i should withhold belief about every proposition that p would entail. Foundationalist that have removed all of the justifications for beliefs. Principle implied: if i can doubt p, then i should withhold belief about p and anything that entail p. Should only be if there is a reason to doubt. Sense perception and reasoning called into question.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers