PSYC 11762 Lecture Notes - Lecture 38: Truddi Chase, Psychogenic Amnesia, Dissociative Identity Disorder

8 views3 pages

Document Summary

Margie and her brother were recently victims of a robbery. Margie was not injured, but her brother was killed when he resisted the robbers. Margie was unable to recall any details from the time of the accident until four days later: dissociative amnesia, also known as psychogenic amnesia, memory loss the only symptom, often selective loss surrounding traumatic events. Person still knows identity and most of their past: can also be global, depersonalization disorder loss of identity without replacement with a new one. Angie, age 23, has been feeling detached for the past 4 years. She says she feels fuzzy all the time, like i lost touch with reality 4 years ago and really miss it. she complains of. Confused thinking, excessive tiredness and weakness, depression, and anxiety. She says, it feels like i"m watching my life on television; i don"t feel any emotions. these symptoms began immediately after a college party, which the police stopped because of underage drinking.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers