PSYC 1101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Narcolepsy, Wish Fulfillment, Sigmund Freud

37 views3 pages

Document Summary

Karina da rosa: consciousness, our awareness both in our bodies and in our environment, sleep and dreams i. ii. Circadian rhythm: biological clock, regular cycle ranging from awake to asleep that occur on a. 24-hour cycle: circadian awareness (humans are diurnal) iii. Rem (rapid eye movement) sleep: recurring sleep stage (dream stage, paradoxical sleep, muscles are relaxed but all other systems are active iv. Sleep: periodic, natural and reversible loss of consciousness, brain waves and sleep stages, waves, alpha, slow waves of the relaxed and awake brain, delta, large and slow waves of deep sleep, hallucinations, false sensory experiences ii. Prepares brain to go into delta wave sleep: stage three sleep, deep sleep i. Delta wave : high amplitude waves that prepare muscle function and slow respiration: stage four sleep, deep sleep i, rem sleep. Higher amplitude and less frequent than stage three: eye movement phase, stage of sleep, sleep deprivation i.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers