PSYC 1101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Psychosomatic Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Telomere

38 views14 pages

Document Summary

Emotions - chapter 12: why study emotions, emotions can motivate, anxiety motivates us to study, help us survive, anger -> confrontation. Long-lasting state (days to weeks: no direct eliciting cause, more dispersed, attitude, predisposition to act in a certain way in a situation, what is emotion, someone cuts you off on the road. You may feel the emotion of anger: what kinds of things happen when you feel angry, expressive behavior: Psyc1101 yelling, accelerating: bodily arousal: sweat, pounding heart, conscious experience: (thoughts, especially the labeling of the emotion, what a bad driver! ; fear: what happens first, common sense model, we assume that we realize (think) that we are afraid before our body responds. I am afraid, which is causing my heart to race : see the killer, realize you are afraid, your heart rate increases. James-lange theory: body before thoughts, stimulus, bodily response/arousal, thoughts (i"m afraid) We feel afraid because we tremble, sorry because we cry. william.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers