BIOLOGY 1101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Radiometric Dating, Wednesday Journal, 3E

22 views2 pages

Document Summary

Artificial selection: human interference of breeding to select for certain traits. Many different green plants (broccoli, cabbage, turnips, cauliflower) same plant. Animal breeders and farmers are making use of evolution when they modify their animals and crops through selective breeding. Since the differential reproductive success is determined by humans rather than by nature it is called artificial a. a. b. A. i. ii. iii. iv. v. i. ii. iii. i. ii. Examine the connections of the mechanisms of evolution and the evidence. Fossil record: radioisotope dated, filling in gaps in the tree of life (history) Biogeography: more similarities between species living in close proximity to each other. Comparative anatomy and embryology: similar life history"s and body structures in visually dissimilar species. Molecular biology: comparing dna sequences between organisms, or the chemical make-up of similar molecules. Laboratory and field experiments: observing changes in populations overtime in controlled settings, or in nature. The fossil record documents the process of natural selection.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers