ANAT 9999 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Vasodilation, Vasoconstriction, Negative Feedback

30 views2 pages

Document Summary

Inspection- looki(cid:374)g at the (cid:271)od(cid:455)"s appeara(cid:374)(cid:272)e, ph(cid:455)si(cid:272)al e(cid:454)a(cid:373)i(cid:374)atio(cid:374) (cid:272)ould i(cid:374)(cid:448)ol(cid:448)e tou(cid:272)hi(cid:374)g/liste(cid:374)i(cid:374)g to the body. Palpation- feeling a structure with the hands (swollen lymph node or taking a pulse) Auscultation- listening to the natural sounds made by the body (heart and lungs) Percussion- examiner taps on the body and feels for abnormal resistance (pockets of fluid or air) Comparative anatomy- the study of multiple species in order to examine similarities and differences and analyze evolutionary trends. Gross anatomy- structure that can be seen with the naked eye. Histology (microscopic anatomy) - the study of tissues. Histopathology- the microscopic examination of tissues for signs of disease. Ultrastructure- fine detail, down to the molecular level, revealed by the electron microscope. Comparative physiology- the study of how different species have solved problems of life (water balance, respiration, reproduction), the basis for the development of new drugs and medical procedures (surgeons learn surgery or test drug on animals before humans)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers