PSY 301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Bias Blind Spot, Confirmation Bias, Availability Heuristic

24 views2 pages

Document Summary

Researchers include comparison group(s) and control for confounds. A gre class i took really improved my scores. Confounds: other tutors, family support, changes in health. A bath at bedtime helps my baby sleep better. Confounds: more/less activity during the day, eating at a different time, more/less sleep during the day. People tend to base judgements of likelihood on how easy it is to retrieve examples of these events from memory. People tend to ask questions and look for evidence that confirms their hypothesis. Don"t ask questions or look for evidence that might disconfirm their hypothesis. People rate themselves as less biased than the average. Intuition is biased by faulty thinking and motivation. Empirical research is better than experience or intuition: it"s so clear that my favorite candidate won that debate! Did you hear all the zingers he delivered? . Confirmation bias: i read online that doing these special puzzles every day helps grow your brain.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers