BIS 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Gene Family, Outcrossing, Wild Type

32 views5 pages

Document Summary

Last week: mendelian deviations, types of dominances: complete dominance, incomplete/partial dominance, overdominance aka hybrid vigor, underdominance aka outbreeding, recessive lethal, and codominance. Lets suppose we take the mendel"s pea heterozygote and self it. We expected: 3:1 ratio (we expect a 3:1 ratio because we expect 3 a- : 1 aa genotype) Environment: maybe some of yy were killed. Maybe the environment made some of the green pods look yellow. Maybe a virus made them look yellow. When i think of environmental factors, i think of radiation/chemical and physical factors. I know it is rather a technical than a conceptual question, but still ) Random error: brownian motion = random movement of particles/of transcription factors. Biological random error (stockastic) vs technical error (brownian motion thing) (error in execution) **same genotype, but the phenotype will randomly switch every so often the error happens somewhere after genotype because we have the right genotype; therefore, smt wrong with transcription, translation, enzymes.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers