EURO ST 10 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Johann Tetzel, Johannes Gutenberg, Hussite Wars

6 views2 pages
12 Aug 2019
School
Professor

Document Summary

Czech reformer, challenged the morality of the church (as an institution) Burned at the stake in constance in southern germany. Hussite wars continued well into the 15th century. Indulgences and relics, like slivers from the cross, or bones of saints. Luther objects to johann tetzel who was sent to germany to raise money for the building of st. peter"s cathedral. In the film, tetzel is played by alfred molina. Not a pleasure or luxury that one grants oneself (as in: i indulge in a hot bath every night) Rather, a partial remission of the punishment for my sins. The reformation and the printing press as further background. The combination of this new technology and the new ideas ushered in radical change. Media technology in a reciprocal relation with ideas, i. e. , each heightens the effect of the other. Lived in mainz (on the rhine near frankfurt) and strasbourg (in alsace, between. First european to use movable type ca. 1439.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers