ECON 1 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Comparative Advantage, Absolute Advantage, Opportunity Cost

48 views4 pages
27 Jan 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Economics 1: kim: visual model of the economy, shows how dollars flow through markets among households and firms. Economists play two roles: scientists (try to explain the world, policy advisors (try to improve it) As scientists, economists employ the scientific method: assumptions. Interacting in two markets : market for goods and services, market for factors of production (inputs) Production possibilities frontier (ppf): a graph: combinations of output that the economy can possibly produce, given the available factors of production and technology, example: Economy has 50,000 labor hours per month available for production i. ii. iii. Pff example: slope is the opportunity cost of 1 computer = 10 tons of wheat: shape of the ppf i. ii. i. ii. Bowed outward: increasing opportunity cost (as more units of goods are produced, we need to give up increasing amounts of the other good produced): ppf is bowed outward when i. ii. iii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers