EEMB 129 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Rna Polymerase Iii, Polyadenylation, Ribosomal Rna

65 views6 pages

Document Summary

Gene are regulated cuz not all genes are useful all the time. Proteins bind to dna to control expression of genes. Because of the special separation of transcription and translation. Topic i: 3 rna polymerases (i, ii, iii) Rna pol ii transcribes mrna in protein-encoding and micro-rna- encoding. Rna pol iii transcribes small rna genes (trna and 5s rrna ) Topic 2: cis vs trans at initiation of transcription. But with chromatin remodeling complex, gene promoters can be exposed. Can recruit corepressors that directly prevent rna pol ii complex from binding promoter. Type i: repressor blocks dna binding of activator. Can recruit rna pol ii complex to basal promoter. Assist binding of rna poly ii to promoter. Heritable dna information that doesn"t change in each generation. When dna is transcript, the new strain isn"t methylated, but there is protein that will recognize the unmethylated strain and begin to methylate it.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers