PSY 108 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Interference Theory, Long-Term Memory, Encoding Specificity Principle

45 views5 pages
6 Jan 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The quiz 2 will cover chapters 5 (long term memory) through chapter 8 (general knowledge). As always, this guide was made by myself and is designed to benefit your studying but i take no responsibility for your studying! I hope you find this guide useful, and if you"ve found the quiz 1 and midterm study guides helpful, this will be similar. Please be sure to study the following concepts. Episodic: focuses on your memories for events that happened to you personally (events) Semantic: describes your organized knowledge about the world (words/facts) Procedural: knowledge about how to do something (ex: ride a bike) Role of expertise: people with expertise demonstrate impressive memory abilities; expertise can markedly enhance encoding of information relevant to one"s domain of expertise. Evidence for schemas: undergrads learned to remember 50 #s by relating them to known track times, chess experts remembered board configurations better only for playable configurations, waiters much better at remembering orders.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers