MMW 11 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Acheulean, Homo Heidelbergensis, Friedrich Hayek

63 views3 pages

Document Summary

It is inaccurate to just rely on recent history. Change and innovation are the exception of the rule especially behavioral change: static homo erectus b. i) persistency of the acheulean hand-axe (b. i. 1) (b. i. 2) Same technology practically unchanged for over a million years (b. i. 2. a) Main twitch in progress around 600,000 years ago with homo. Less a question of intelligence than pure instinct (b. ii. 1) (b. ii. 2) (b. ii. 3) (b. ii. 4) (b. ii. 5) (b. ii. 6) Biological changes are faster than the weapons they use. Not much innovation of tools: dynamic homo sapiens? c. i) factors to rule out in behavioral change (c. i. 1) (c. i. 2) The cultural horse comes before the genetic cart (c. i. 3) Catalyst to evolutionary change lies in behavioral adaptations (c. i. 3. a) Many dramatic cycles of climate change but it didn"t lead to innovation (c. i. 3. b) (c. i. 3. c) (c. i. 3. d) Ridley"s theory: impetus for change and innovation in human evolution lies is. Genetic component changes didn"t lead to innovation either. Human evolution has more to do with how we behave c. ii) economics (c. ii. 1)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers