GEOG 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: 35Th Parallel North, Water Use, Anthropocene

16 views3 pages

Document Summary

1: age with the largest impact on the environment by people, debate over the starting date b. i. Some say started with industrial revolution (1750) with greater urbanization, growing population b. ii. Others say agricultural revolution: food, to feed the growing population nations had to industrialize b. Jeans and beef take 2-3,000 gallons of water to produce d. i. When we import goods, we also import water d. ii: water access. Tn river: gender and water relationship, women and kids collect the water, prohibits women/kids from educating themselves or making money - can"t have economic independence c. Total market value of all goods and services produces within a country"s borders and within a given year divided by the population: gross national income per capita b. i. Total value of income in a country divided by the population: problems with these measures c. i. The informal economy is made up of services and employment that is not taxed c. ii. Don"t take into account purchasing power parity c. iii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers