GEOG 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Europe 1, Megacity, Feudalism

12 views2 pages

Document Summary

1: migration to cities (rural -> urban, less people employed in agriculture b. i. Inadequate access to food, water, education, and social services: key historical facts about europe, old civilizations contributions a. i. Parthenon on the acropolis = the temple for athena. Democracy, architecture, tragedy, individualism, political and civil rights a. ii. Infrastructure roads and grid pattern of city planning. History of colonization: the dark ages (450 to 1300 ce) b. i. Defend rural areas against local bandits and international raiders b. i. 2. Nobility controlled territories, protect serfs: 1400s to the early 1900s c. i. Ottoman empire (turkey) was a huge player on the world stage c. ii. Using colonies for the benefit of the mother country c. iii. Nation exerts power over a region"s territory, resources, people c. iii. 2. c. iii. 3. New technology and urbanization c. v. new trade routes and navigation techniques from exploration c. vi. Starts in 1750 in great britain, moves to continent by 1850 c. vii. 1. c. vii. 2.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers