GEOG 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Russian Mafia, Economic Mobility, Planned Economy

18 views2 pages

Document Summary

1993 constitution gives large power to the president b. ii. Changes rules to give him more power: centralized/authoritarian rule c. i. Most effective to bind all regions together c. ii. One very strong person with a strong military: shock therapy d. i. Transition from a planned economy to a market economy d. ii. Private business controls most of the economy d. iii. Oligarchs buy up previously state owned business d. iv. People become nostalgic because before the state would provide for them, now most are poor or unemployed: ukraine crisis e. i. Ukraine wanted more involvement with the eu e. ii. Russia angry still see ukraine as part of soviet state close ties with. 2014 russia occupies the eastern part of ukraine: natural gas exports f. i. Huge economic benefit from taxes oil companies f. ii. Negative environmental impact russia restricts oil supply f. iii. Heavy industry caused air and water pollution g. ii. Idea that nature is the servant of industrial and agricultural progress g. iii.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers