MARKETNG 305 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Subliminal Stimuli, Short-Term Memory, Long-Term Memory

22 views5 pages
29 Jan 2019
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Subliminal messages about a specific brand do not boost intention to consume competing brands. Could also benefit consumers, and i don"t want that. Message only affects brand used in the message. I"m sure subliminal advertising will not affect me, but what if it does? . Short term memory (stm): our capacity to pay attention is constrained by our limited short-term memory. Information you want to use must be in the short term memory. Become aware/conscious once it reaches your short term memory. When using short term memory, paying attention to surroundings becomes difficult. Miller"s rule: people are able to consider approx 7+/-2 pieces of information at a time. Being knowledgeable about the topic at hand increases this limit. Long term memory: like a big storage room, all the information you know, experiences you live through. Travels from the long term memory from which it is stored, to the short term to where it is able to be used.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers