PHIL 1204 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Ontological Argument, Omnibenevolence, Immanuel Kant

44 views3 pages

Document Summary

I have an idea of an infinite, perfect god. There must be an infinite, perfect being. An infinite, perfect being is (by definition) god. Clever but is it sound? (cid:498)the great chain of being(cid:499) Formal reality: a measure of things according to how sophistical the thing is: Proof removes the need for: faith in the bible, authority of the church. Divine epistemological certifier: are any of my beliefs accurate, god wouldn(cid:495)t let me be radically deceived. )f god wouldn(cid:495)t let me be radically deceived, then how come ) make mistakes. The mistakes are my fault, not god(cid:495)s (cid:523)p. 39) God certifies my perceptions when ) don(cid:495)t jump to conclusions: )f ) (cid:498)clearly and distinctly perceive(cid:499) that something is so, then it necessarily is. They are not mistakes of perception, but of jumping to a conclusion. Why a second proof? so (pp 46 and 24) The concept of god includes all perfections. A positive quality to a maximal degree.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers