PSY 2301 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Transvestic Fetishism, Autonomic Nervous System, Panic Attack
26 views2 pages
Chapter 14: Abnormal Behavior-Psychopathology
1. Which perspective on abnormality focuses on whether or not an individual is responsible for
his or her actions?
The legal model
2. Research on the relationship between ethnicity and the diagnosis of psychological disorder
has found that
certain diagnoses are more common in some ethnic groups.
3. Most psychologists today believe that anxiety is
a key symptom of psychological disorder.
4. A sudden spurt of fear, accompanied by extreme increases in autonomic nervous system
arousal, that has no specific cause in the immediate environment is called a
. panic attack.
5. A disorder that involves the loss of physiological function (such as blindness, deafness, or
paralysis) with no apparent physical cause is
6. A disorder that involves displaying one's genitals to unsuspecting strangers is
7. A disorder in which people derive pleasure from wearing the clothing of the opposite sex is
8. A disorder that involves giving up all control in one's life to others, acting meek and humble
and constantly giving in to others, is ______ personality disorder.
9. A disorder that involves longstanding, rigid, maladaptive and distressful ways of interacting
with the world is a