ISYS111 Chapter Notes - Chapter 5: Geocoding, Business Analysis, Sensitivity Analysis

56 views3 pages
ISYS111: FUNDAMENTALS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS, WEEK 4
Learning Outcomes:
Explain the role, major types, functions, key elements and components of information systems in business
and other types of organisation (LO1)
Demonstrate practical skills in the major functions of spreadsheet, database and ePortfolio software (LO5)
Essential Question:
How will Business Intelligence help me as a manager and the organisation?
Notes:
Business intelligence:
Business intelligence communication and collaboration tools that provide indirect support to
decision making
o Vital to modern decision making and organisational performance
o Encompasses not only applications but also technologies and processes
o Icludes gettig data i through a data art or arehouse ad out through BI
applications)
o Is now a requirement for competing in the marketplace
Managers and decision making:
Management process by which an organisation achieves its goals through the use of resources
(people, money, materials and information, known as inputs)
All managers perform three basic roles:
o Interpersonal leader, liaison
o Informational monitor, dissemination, spokesperson
o Decisional entrepreneur, resource allocator, negotiator
Decision refers to a choice among two or more alternatives that individuals and groups make
o Is a systematic process
o Three major phases:
Intelligence managers examine a situation and identify and define the problem or
opportunity
Design decision makers construct a model for the situation; achieved by making
assumptions and expressing the relationships among all the relevant variables
Choice involves selecting a solution or course of action that seems best suited to
resolve the problem
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 3 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Explain the role, major types, functions, key elements and components of information systems in business and other types of organisation (lo1) Demonstrate practical skills in the major functions of spreadsheet, database and eportfolio software (lo5) Business intelligence: business intelligence communication and collaboration tools that provide indirect support to decision making, vital to modern decision making and organisational performance, encompasses not only applications but also technologies and processes. I(cid:374)cludes (cid:858)getti(cid:374)g data i(cid:374) (cid:894)through a data (cid:373)art or (cid:449)arehouse(cid:895) a(cid:374)d out (cid:894)through bi applications) Is now a requirement for competing in the marketplace. Managers and decision making: management process by which an organisation achieves its goals through the use of resources (people, money, materials and information, known as inputs, all managers perform three basic roles: Informational monitor, dissemination, spokesperson: decisional entrepreneur, resource allocator, negotiator, decision refers to a choice among two or more alternatives that individuals and groups make. Is a systematic process: three major phases:

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers