MARK101 Chapter Notes - Chapter 14: Social Marketing, T-Shirt, Marketing Mix

39 views3 pages
CHAPTER 14: SOCIAL MARKETING AND NOT FOR PROFIT MARKETING
I. What is social marketing
- The design, implementation and control of program calculated to influence the
acceptability of social ideas and involving considerations of product planning, pricing,
communication, distribution and marketing research.
Corporate philathropy
oe upo a tie it as ieed as altruisti ith o diret lik to ireased sales or
other commercial goals
Diret ad idiret eefits o the opay’s profitaility via positive effects on
employees and external stakeholders and the community.
II. Benchmark criteria for social marketing
1. Behavior change
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 3 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Chapter 14: social marketing and not for profit marketing. Benchmark criteria for social marketing: behavior change. Goal is to change behavior not just educate or inform. Evaluation is used by social marketers to identify activities that could increase the effectiveness of the intervention: audience research. Learn about the target audience and to understand how to best design an intervention for that specific audience. Segmentation can be based on one or more demographic, psychographic, geographic, behavioral: exchange. Describe sth that a person has to give up in order to get the proposed benefit. Exchange can be difficult to achieve when the desired behavior is to decrease or stop pre existing behavior. Desired behavior is less pleasurable than the current behavior. Social marketers must know what is competing with the behavior aim of an intervention. Intangible: socialization for walking in a group: price. Cost or sacrificed exchange for the benefit(product) that the target market will incur.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers