ECON101 Chapter 9: Possibilities, Preferences, and Choices

60 views3 pages
purplechimpanzee495 and 51 others unlocked
ECON101 Full Course Notes
ECON101 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
79 documents

Document Summary

Divisible goods goods that can be bought in any quantity desired assume that all goods are divisible goods. Real income income expressed as a quantity of goods that the household can afford to buy. Expressed in terms of pop, real income is. Relative price of a movie in terms of pop. Relative price the price of one good divided by the price of another good. Higher the price of the good on the x-axis, slope of the budget line is steeper. Decrease in price, budget line rotates outwards | increase in price, budget line rotates inwards. An change in money income brings a parallel shift of the budget line. The slope of the (cid:271)udget li(cid:374)e does(cid:374)"t (cid:272)ha(cid:374)ge (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause the relati(cid:448)e pri(cid:272)e does(cid:374)"t (cid:272)ha(cid:374)ge. I(cid:374)(cid:272)o(cid:373)e , shifts out(cid:449)ards | i(cid:374)(cid:272)o(cid:373)e , shifts i(cid:374)(cid:449)ards. Possible combinations on preference map can be sorted into 3 groups: preferred, not preferred, and indifferent.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers