PSYCH101 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Wilhelm Wundt, Edward B. Titchener, Experimental Psychology

41 views4 pages
erinhyena970 and 37878 others unlocked
PSYCH101 Full Course Notes
PSYCH101 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
13 documents

Document Summary

Psychology: study of behaviour & mind: behaviour: actions & responses that are observed, mind: internal states & processes (thoughts/feelings), that cannot be seen directly and must be inferred from observable, measurable responses, example: Since we cannot see a person"s feeling of love however, we can infer how the person feels based on verbal statements. I love you or i really admire you : clinical psychology: study & treatment of mental disorder. Psychologists diagnose and treat ppl w/ psychological problems. Or, conduct research on the causes of mental disorders and the effectiveness of various treatments: cognitive psychology: study of mental processes -that views the mind as an information processor. Psychologists examines, consciousness, attention, memory, decision making, and problem saving. Example: emotional world of infants: experimental psychology: basic processes as learning, sensory systems (i. e. vision, hearing) , perception, and motivational states (i. e. sexual motivation, hunger, thirst, industrial-organizational (i/o) psychology: ppl"s behaviour in the workplace.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers