ANTH 1001 Chapter : Anthropology 1001 2

7 views2 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Prophase i synapsis of and crossing over (recombination) between homologous chromosomes. Metaphase independent alignment of chromosomes metaphase i homologous. Anaphase centromeres divide chromosomes remain aligned with one another and there is independent assortment with non- homologous chromosomes. When a chromosome replicates, two chromatids are produced, and they are held together by a centromere. Dna dna is a double stranded, helical molecule. A nucleotide has phosphoric acid, a sugar, and a base. There are 4 nucleotides in dna: adenine (a), cytosine (c), guanine (g), and thymine (t) Bonding pairs adenine always bonds with thymine and cytosine always bonds with guanine. Replication is semiconservative each dna strand serves as a template (that is a master strand for copying) for the formation of another strand of dna. Each chromatid consists of one parental strand and one newly formed daughter strand. Gene a sequence of nucleotides (i. e. , segment of dna) that codes for the production of a protein (polypeptide).

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers