KIN 2500 Chapter : Anatomy Chapter 1 Outline

10 views6 pages

Document Summary

Anatomy: study of body structure and the relationship among them. Dissection: careful cutting apart of body parts to study the relationship. Physiology: how the body parts work; functions of the body. Structure reflects its function- i. e. skull in brain, humorous in gh socket. Homeostasis: state of relative stability of the body"s internal environment. Disruptions is homeostasis cause corrective cycles (feedback systems that help restore conditions needed for health and life) Noninvasive diagnostic technique: does not involve insertion of instrument or device through skin or body opening. Inspection: observe body for any changes that deviate the norm; i. e. rash, swelling, bone sticking out, bruising, inflammation, sweating. Palpation: feel body surfaces with hand, i. e. temperature, pulse, tenderness, lymph nodes, croupades (crunch feeling for broken bones), see if it feel normal. Auscultation: listen to body sounds to evaluate the functioning of organs often using stethoscope (for amplification)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers