PSYC 2000 Chapter : Psych Test 1

7 views11 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Thinking of psychology, dr. drew, md, board-certified internest. John watson & b. f. skinner: behaviorism, emphasized the study of observable behavior only. Modern views: an important emphasis on the brain, modern psychologist are eclectic approach problems from multiple perspectives, believe behaviors have multiple causes. Psychology as a science: attempts to describe, predict, and explain thought and behavior, uses scientific method, one of the key steps is replication. I. v. (independent variable: intentionally varied by experimenter, d. v. (dependent variable, measured as the i. v. is changed, d. v. and i. v. example, a researcher wants to know if caffeine intake is related to reading speed. She brings in a group of people, and gives them different amounts of caffeine. Then, she gives them a timed reading test. What is the dependent variable: caffeine intake, reading speed*, participant intelligence, size of the text. Imaging the brain: technology allows us to have images of brain structure and function, brain waves are studied by placing electrodes on the scalp.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers