ECON-1010 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11: Autonomous Consumption, Consumption Function, Investment Goods

64 views5 pages
ECON-1010 Full Course Notes
ECON-1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
3 documents

Document Summary

Income-expenditure model - does not take into account price changes. Good for understanding short run not long run changes. Omit the government and foreign sector temporarily. Only consumers can demand consumption goods and rms demand investment goods. Planned expenditures: another term for total demand for goods and services (c + i) Gdp at which planned expenditure equals the amount that is produced (y*) = c + i. Now we need to recognize that consumers" planned expenditures will depend on their level of income. Consumption function: the relationship between consumption spending and the level of income. Refer back to chapter 9 notes for more info on consumption function. Increases in consumer wealth will cause an increase in autonomous consumption. Increases in consumer con dence will increase autonomous consumption. Now we recognize that consumption increases with the level of income. Equilibrium output = (autonomous consumption + investment) / (1 - mpc) y* = (ca + i) / (1 - b)

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers